Sunday, September 06, 2009

This is England.

Things have been up and down this week.
But I'm happy to say that things are most definitely up again.

today was beautiful.
my aunt and her fiancee are visiting from London.
We packed up the dog and the kids and took a few detours on our way to Formby: home of red squirrels, natterjack toads, and wealthy Football players.
It was beautiful, if a bit rainy.
But, when you're in England, you pretty much expect your parade to get rained on.

I wish I had pictures to show you, but the one thing I left behind in California was, of course, my camera charger.

You'll just have to take my word for it.

Once we were sick of being cold and wet, we went back to my grandparents' house where my grandma had cooked a full Sunday roast.
I ate too many roast potatoes and drank too much wine, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: