Wednesday, July 22, 2009

her life was saved by rock 'n roll.

it's been a rough couple of days.

I've been writing a lot, which is a nice change.
because usually, when I'm in Riverside,
I'm too hot to do much of anything.

I was swimming today.
and reading some uninspiring short stories by T.C. Boyle.
and listening to the velvet underground.
and all of a sudden, I realized that I was really, truly happy.

I was alone, alone, all all alone.
and it felt good.

I'm leaving for England on Tuesday.
for real this time.
and I've actually been pretty nervous about it, until today.
Today I knew that I was making the right decision.
that things are going to be good.
and, really, they already are.

I've just closed a chapter in my life.
and, while I always cry at endings,
I'm pretty much done crying about this one.

I'm a clean slate, I'm on my own, and I've got to keep moving.
I'm so happy to be here, and to be going there.
I'm an eternal optimist, and today was a nice day.

No comments: