Saturday, December 20, 2008

I climbed a mountain and I turned around.

I think I've been afraid to blog.
As crazy as that sounds, I think I can rationalize it.

it has been so long, and so many things have changed, that I've been kind of almost afraid to document it.
because then that's it. there it is.
this all sounds very dramatic. it isn't, really.
it's just that I feel like a completely different person than the one I was on November 4th.
and this is pretty much a good thing.
but I'm not sure if I'm really comfortable in my new skin yet.
So much has happened that I don't think I could even begin to write about all of it.
I guess I could try..

I turned 19.
I spent a week partying in my hometown.

I got a job at this super high-end sunglasses boutique downtown.
they gave me a free pair of ray-bans for christmas.

I went snow camping in the Sierra Nevadas.
and I climbed a 10,000 foot mountain that let me see Nevada to the right of me and California to the left.

I am almost done with all of my finals.
I still have one pesky paper that isn't due till monday.

My roommate is gone until the end of January.
I'm still in SF, and I'm not going anywhere.

I threw a crazy fucking party last night.
Everyone came. my landlords hate my guts.

and now I've got a paper to write, an apartment to clean, and a shift from 9 to 5 tomorrow.
today is a good day.


No comments: