Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Recreation Bullshit"

So.
I feel like I haven't done this in a while.
I realize I haven't.
Many things have and haven't happened.

I went to a ropes course with my Rec 230 class on Friday.
it's not that it was a totally life-changing experience or anything, but it was the most fun I've had in a long time.
I decided(for now) that I'm going to double major in Recreation and Creative Writing.
And thus acquire the most useless, bullshit, extraordinarily frivolous degree one could ever have.
Mom will be so proud.
"What do you want to do after college?"
Have a lot of fun.

Anyway.
I did, however, manage to make some life changes once the ropes course was over.
I got a job.
it's the shadiest, most sketch job I could have possibly found.
and I love it.

I work with the National Parks Service.
I sit around in the most beautiful place in all of San Francisco and ask all kinds of interesting people what they think of the park.
And I get paid $12 an hour to enjoy the scenery.
and pee in the woods.

life is going pretty well right about now.

2 comments:

Janey said...

i'm kind of jealous of your life right now. i'm glad its going good.

best double major ever.

Cassandra W said...

I am so proud of you for peeing in the woods. That is fantastic.